Travel Award Information
RC28-Funded Travel Awards (Deadline: April 1, 2017)
RC28 offers travel awards of up to 750 USD to assist students and members in special need to present their work at the Conference.
Travel awards are given in recognition of good scholarship in the field of stratification. In order to be eligible for a travel award, the applicant’s abstract must be accepted by the conference organizers. As a rule, travel awards are given only once in a four-year period to the same person.
To apply, please send your full paper, an itemized budget, and a letter of recommendation to the organizers of the 2016 Summer meeting at email@example.com.
Diversity Travel Awards (Deadline: May 5. 2017)
To offset the cost of travel and meeting attendance, ten travel awards of up to $1000 will be awarded to eligible Ph.D. students. Applicants are not required to present a paper at the meeting. This inaugural travel award has been developed with the goal of
enhancing the diversity in the scholarship represented in RC28. This travel award is generously sponsored by the William T. Grant Foundation.
Applicants should express a clear interest in pursuing research on social inequality. They must also meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Enrolled in a Ph.D. program in the social sciences or related disciplines at a U.S. university
2. Received an undergraduate degree from a U.S. college or university
3. Be a member of racial or ethnic group that is underrepresented in the American professoriate
To apply for the graduate student travel award, please send the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, May 5, 2017:
1. A cover sheet listing your full name, email address, current and undergraduate institutions, academic discipline, and self-identified race/ethnicity
2. A current CV (5 pages maximum)
3. An essay describing your interest in social inequality research (500 words maximum)
4. A letter of support from your faculty advisor
Please use the following email subject line: Diversity Travel Award: [Your Name].
Travel awards cover transportation, lodging, meeting registration, and a special networking dinner for awardees on August 8. Awardees will be notified via email by May 26, 2017.